Tonight my family watched the movie “Twelve Wishes for Christmas” and enjoyed it. It really gave me pause about what it is I really want out of life. After thinking about it for a few minutes, here is my “Twelve Wishes” for myself, my family and my friends. Being an organizational freak, I have decided to break it down into the first four wishes being for my friends, the next four wishes for my family, and the final four wishes for myself. I will be very curious to see which of these wishes come true:
- I wish for those of my friends who are suffering from financial hardship to see that hardship eased in way which is beneficial for everyone affected.
- I wish for those of my friends who are attempting to improve their appearance to do so only for health reasons and understand their true worth in life is not derived from outward looks.
- I wish for those of my friends who have dealt with an emotional loss of some sort to feel the warmth of family and friends and have their hearts filled with joy.
- I wish for those of my friends who have been wronged to find in it their heart to forgive and release that anger and, in the process, free themselves from its bondage.
- I wish for my wife and son to be healthy, happy, and prosperous.
- I wish for my entire family to find the joy in life that comes from knowing one’s true path.
- I wish for my parents to be able to enjoy good health and the ability to live the retirement dream they envisioned for themselves.
- I wish for my siblings to know the sort of joy I have found this season through random acts of kindness and compassion.
- I wish to know for myself the contentment which only comes from knowing one’s true path and calling.
- I wish for my life to be full of contentment, fortune and wisdom.
- I wish for my heart and soul to be healed of anger, vengeance, and envy for the good fortune of those whom I believe may not deserve it, because I don’t know their path.
- Finally, I wish for my work and calling to be as the stone tossed in the pond; its ripples creating joy, happiness and love for those I may never even meet, and that by serving others, I am able to serve myself well.
There you have it. I hope you find your own wishes come true as well! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!